As Leh's thriving restaurant and café scene has been cornered by the refugee community, Tibetan food has a high profile, alongside tourist oriented Chinese and European with meat, cheese, or vegetables, and ginger, then steamed and served with hot soup and spicy sauce. Fried Momos are called "Kothays". Thukpa, another wholesome favourite, is broth made from fresh Pasta strips, meat and vegetables.
· Amdo, Main Bazaar.
· Dogra Dhaba, Fort Road (Opposite Dreamland).
· Dreamland, Fort Road.
· German Bakery, Fort Road, Suku.
· Gesmo, Fort Road.
· Ibex, Fort Road (Opposite Taxi Stand).
· Instyle, Adjoining The German Bakery On Fort Road.
· Mona Lisa, Off Changspa Lane, Near The Ecology Centre.
· La Montessori, Main Bazaar.
· La Terrasse, Goji Complex (Opposite The State Bank Of India).
· Tibetan Friends Corner, Opposite The Taxi Stand.
· Tibetan Restaurant, New Market, round the corner from the German Bakery.
· Wok Tibetan Kitchen, Main Bazaar.
· Zen Garden, Changspa Lane.